Mr Mod PS

Mr Mod PS

Friday, April 5, 2013

Out With the New, and In With the Old!


Well, I am at it again.  Ebay is a curse and a blessing.  I finally decided that I had to have an Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser.  I found one (a 1972), and bought it late last night.  That means I have to sell my lovely (and often used) 1986 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.  My clients LOOOOOOVE being shown around Palm Springs in a vintage station wagon (after all, these were de rigueur for all real estate agents in the day (before the advent of the Land Rover as more than a farm vehicle).  I think that wood paneling makes just about any car look better (new Land Rovers included).  Bring back di-noc for all SUVs!  Anyhow, my Vista Cruiser features three glass roof panels that give the back seat passengers a view.  These were inspired by the GMC Scenicruiser buses of the mid-late 1950's. 

I do love being a real estate agent in Palm Springs.  I get to look at cool midcentury modern houses all day, work with clients who are here to have a good time, and drive great vintage cars every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment