Mr Mod PS

Mr Mod PS

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Airstream Dream


I am in love with Airstreams.  I am pretty intent on buying one in the next couple of months and living in it and writing about the experience.  I really love the nautical interiors with the aeronautical exterior.  I do plan on traveling with it, but first to locate the right one: Idealling, 26-30 feet long, rear bedroom, from the late 60's up through the mid 70's.  It's going to be fun- I grew up with trailers; first a Metzendorf, then a Scotty, then a Venture popup.  We did a two-week long journey from Ohio to San Diego and back in 1978.  I had a great time, my sister- not so much.

Palm Springs is the perfect place to try this little social experiment out!  I can totally see all my Bertoia kitchen chairs and my 1960's Brown-Jordan outdoor furniture out under the awnings!

UPDATE:  I bought one!  Check out my new blog about it http://airstream365.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment